Pasta with Zucchini, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Poached Egg
So, I’m sharing some eggs and vegetables-packed comfort food recipes to help carry us through to springtime.
NOVEMBER 29, 2021
Pasta with zucchini in a garlicky sauce. Serve with crusty bread and a chilled white wine, if desired.
Getting It Done
- Pour water in a large pot, add spaghetti and cook them as per package directions given. Let it cook.
- Take a large non-stick frying pan, pour some olive oil, and let it heat on medium-high heat. Add garlic and chilli flakes, stir them for 1 minute continuously.
- Add salt and pepper, zucchini noodles, toss them all gently for 1-2 minutes or until the zucchini has softened. Add tomatoes, lemon zest, spinach, and juice, mix them all well together. Cook them for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes are softened and spinach is wilted.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and add the pasta into the frying pan mixture. Remove them from heat.
- Take a large saucepan for boiling water, let it heat. Adjust the heat accordingly to keep the water simmering gently.
- Now, take the eggs and break them, one at a time, into a cup. Hold the dish close to the surface, slowly let the egg slip into the water. Cook them until the egg whites are completely cooked and the yolks begin to thicken but not too hard, just for 3-5 minutes. Do not stir them and then, lift the eggs from water with the spoon one by one. Drain in spoon, trim if any rough edges (its optional).
- Your Pasta is ready!
- Divide your pasta into 4 dinner plates, top them with 1 poached egg and garnish them with basil. Serve hot.
SHARE THIS POST
SIGN UP FOR OUR
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Copyright 2021 ISE FOODS INC. All Right Reserved.