Have you ever had an egg with hummus? Most everyone knows hummus. It’s the quintessential Middle Eastern dip made by blending chickpeas with tahini, garlic, and citrus. Try this super easy Mediterranean Hummus Egg Smash.
1. Take one skillet, heat some oil on a medium flame. Then, add onions, pepper, paprika and ¼ tsp salt and let it cook for 6 to 8 minutes, keep stirring it. Once done, let it cool and then add walnuts, cucumber and parsley.
2. Take another skillet, heat some vinegar and add 1-inch cold water, let it simmer on medium. Take one small cup and crack an egg into it, gently swirl water in a circle and then place an egg into water; stir water to gather whites around yolk. Let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are settled but the yolk is still runny.
3. Take one shallow bowl and spread hummus on it, top them with vegetable mixture, creating indentation in the center. Once the egg is cooked, remove them with a spoon and let it dry on a paper towel before placing in indentation. Now, garnish it with a little bit of paprika.
4. Serve it with pita. Your Mediterranean Hummus Egg Smash is ready to eat.
1. Take one saucepan, place some dried chickpeas and baking soda, add water and let it cover it by 2 inches. Let it soak overnight.
2. Do not rinse, add cold water now by 2 inches. Let it heat to boiling on high, after a while reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for 1 hours or until chickpeas are soft or their skins are loose.
3. Take one mixer, add some garlic, salt, fresh lemon juice and ground cumin until it is chopped. Now, add some sesame paste (tahini) and add 1/3 of water, grind them until they are smooth.
4. Drain cooked chickpeas and then add it to tahini mixture; grind them until they are smooth, keep stopping in the middle and stirring occasionally. Your Hummus is ready.
5. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can last up to 2 weeks; it can make out 31/2 cups.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *